CREATE YOUR DAILY MORNING/EVENING RITUAL
with Director of Still & Moving Center, Renee Tillotson
Salute the SUN-- the spiritual sun--- the light within
Start your day with a morning prayer or Mantra- guiding words “strong energy” or the serenity prayer, try and make this the same everyday.
Move your body--- Practice the 5 stages of healing (Nia) GENTLE STRETCH- you can start this stretch in your bed.
Stage one- embryonic free movement- On back roll side to side -- stretch and reach arm up, move like your in water
Stage 2-- creeping on belly- forward and backward
Stage 3-- on knees- cat cow and then crawling forward and backward-- opposite hand and knee
Stage 4- wide legged stand-up-- goddess squat, go to tipsy toes~
Stage 5- Walking- forward and backward
All of the 5 stages gets every joint in the body going. The opposite connect helps to rewrite and rewire the rt and lt side of the brain--- this helps artists be creative or problem solving in business.
3. Morning Inspiration-- Grab a textbook or bible that you go to for morning inspiration and read.
4. Meditation from what you gained from the inspiration
5. Quote of the Day- “Do you have the discipline to be a free spirit. Can we be free of all that binds and bends us into a shape of consciousness that has nothing to do with who we are.” Garbrielle Roth
“Nothing ever ends until we learn what we need to from it.”Pema Chodron
6. Journal - Gratitude for the day
7. Aha moment a little gem of insight-- write one thing that struck you in the last 24 hrs or last week-- something you say.. “Wow I never thought about that before” or “I haven’t thought about that in so long”
8. Hope Goals for the day-- perhaps you're going into a meeting and you want to compose yourself before.-- Set a reminder on your phone or you're going to do something with the kids- be really clear so you don’t lose balance. OR if you're doing something creative, write your hope goal to really let loose.
To really eat foods that nourish my body today and this month
9. Move my body plans for the day-- Joyful movement
Nightly Review-- 3 questions before your head hits the pillow-- to clear the deck and quiet the mind before sleep.
What is it about my day that I am really glad about or that I am happy that I refrained from doing?
What am I not so happy about? Where did I fall off my own path?
What did I learn from that? What would I do differently?
Dreams-- do your best to remember your dreams- tell yourself “I can remember my dreams” write them down right away.